COVID-19 & Education
Please find below my writing on the impact of Covid-19 on education in England.
These papers are freely available to everyone.
- Balancing the risk of pupils returning to school DELVE/Royal Society Report, 24/7/2020
- How can we make up the Learning Losses from Lockdown? Economics Observatory 15/6/2020
These links are to short (-ish) blog posts written to highlight interesting findings or to comment on education policy.
- Learning loss: the National Tutoring Programme for England is a valuable step – but may not go far enough (November 2020)
- Educational Inequalities: Beyond COVID (slides). Royal Statistical Society International Conference. September 2020
When Should Schools Re-open? Economics Observatory 29/5/2020
The Covid Crisis and Educational Inequality Academy of Social Sciences 20/5/20
- Education and Lockdown: Skills, Transitions and Inequalities (slides) (video) Royal Economic Society Webinar series on Covid-19 7/5/20
- School is out: does it hurt us? Discover Economics 30/4/2020
- BBC Radio 4 Briefing Room Show on Lockdown and Inequality BBC/4/2020
- Schools, skills, and learning: The impact of COVID-19 on education VOX-EU, 1/4/2020
- The long term consequences of missing a term of school IZA 31/3/2020